Friday, March 15, 2013

mama made baby leggings! (DIY)



Do you guys remember when I told you I was trying to make my own leggings? Well I was inspired by a couple of tutorials I found on Pinterest, but this one was my favourite.

So, how did it go you ask? Two words: not good. Let's just say I was a little rusty with the sewing machine in the beginning.

The first pair I did went SO horribly wrong! The thread kept coming loose and getting tangled and I made the biggest mistake ever! I didn't put the foot down when I was sewing...yeah, I know. For all you pro-sewers out there, I'm sure you're either laughing or shaking your head. It's the mommy brain I tell ya!

Once I got that all figured out I tried again on a second pair and I did it perfect. Only thing was, one side of the fabric was inside out. *slaps forehead* Mommy brain again. Third times a charm, right? And it was. It turned out pretty good! Check out how I made the polka dot leggings:

* I forgot to mention it, but make sure you sew the shorter ends of the cuffs together and then pull them over the bottom part of the pants and then sew. Also, if you want to make it a bit easier you can skip making the cuffs and just sew the bottom seams.


Once you get the hang of it, they are super easy to make. Look how cute they look paired with adorable, tiny toes! 
If you decide to make some of your own, send some pictures this way because I would love to get some new design ideas for our next pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment